- Initial wallet setup
- 1 Download the latest wallet for your operating system which is available in our wallets repository.
- 2 Launch the wallet and allow it to synchronize
- 3 Click on debug console found in tools
- 4 Type: masternode genkey – copy the generated key and exit the console
Save the private key in a text file for future use.
- 5 Go to receiving wallets found in files – create masternode wallet, by creating a new wallet, called masternode1
- 6 Copy the address by right-clicking and selecting “Copy Address”
- 7 Send EXACTLY 5,000,000 coins to masternode1 wallet by pasting the copied address.
Note that this has to be sent in ONE transaction.
- 8 Wait for 30 confirmations, about 30 minutes
- 9 Go back to debug console and type masternode outputs
- 10 Copy the transaction id and output id Save the output in the text file for future use.
- Get a VPS ( masternode server )
We recommend renting a VPS with www.vultr.com because they are fast and cheap.
- 2.1 Create an account:
- 2.2 Deploy a new server
- 2.3 Choose a location close to you to have a fast connection
- 2.4 Choose Ubuntu 16.04 x64 as operating system and take the 5$ server size. This is sufficient.
2.5 Move to step 7 and give your masternode VPS a name.
- 2.6 Click “Deploy now”
The server is now being started. Please wait until the status is “Available”.
- 2.7 Click the server name and copy the IP-address and password via the copy button.
- Configure your masternode
Depending upon which operating system you are using follow the correct section:
3.1 Windows – PuTTY
3.1.1 Install PuTTY and run it.
- You will be greeted with the following page
- Fill the Host name field with the IP address you previously copied and click “Open”.
- You will see a popup asking you if you trust this host. Choose Yes! ( this will only be asked once ).
- Login as “root”. Hit ENTER
- Copy the password you saved previously and right click in the putty terminal. ENTER.
- You are now logged into your server:
3.2 Mac/Linux – Terminal ( preinstalled )
- You can find Terminal by following the steps:
- Go to Finder, Applications then click on utilities, then you’ll find the terminal there.
- Type: ssh root@YourMasternodeIPaddress. ENTER.
- You are now logged into your server.
3.3 General steps
Let’s update our system to the latest version to make sure we are secure.
- Type: “sudo apt-get update“ ENTER
- Wait until this finishes
- Type: “sudo apt-get upgrade“ ENTER
- Type “y” if the system ask for the confirmation of updating the system.
Remember that you can copy the text below and paste it in to the server via RIGHT-MOUSE click for PuTTY, or CMD-V for MAC
- Type: cd ENTER
- Type: wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/WG91/MasterNode-scripts/master/peng_install.sh ENTER
- Type: chmod +x peng_install.sh ENTER
- Type: ./peng_install.sh ENTER – choose option 1. When prompted for genkey, copy it and paste by right-clicking in PuTTy. Wait for it to finish
- Type: ./peng_install.sh ENTER – choose option 2 (this will automatically sync your node).
4. Masternode config file in the wallet
- 4.1 Go to open masternode configuration file in the wallet – found on the ‘tools’ menu
Here you will see the format and an example ( these three lines are comments so they have no effect )
- 4.2 Add your own real working node details under it.
- 4.3 Put the masternode wallet name, i.e – MN01
- 4.4 Put the server IP address ( your vultr ip or other vps/vm ip) followed by the port : 3182
- 4.5 Put the private key generated in step 1.4
- 4.6 Put the transaction hash and output id from step 1.7
- 7 Once complete, save the file
The file will look like this:
- 4.8 Restart the wallet
- 4.9 Go to your wallet and go to the masternode page.
Select the masternode and press: “Start alias”.
To verify that the masternode is running on the vps:
- Type : cd ~/penguin/src ENTER
- Type: ./penguin-cli masternode status ENTER
- If you get this output, you are done: